H.E.Y! - Hear Erie's Youth
Apply to Join!
Hear Erie’s Youth! (H.E.Y!), a program of The Erie Community Foundation, and governed by local middle and high school students, is focused on youth gaining a better understanding of real community issues and contributing their voice and perspective to advocate for a stronger, more inclusive community. Members of H.E.Y! learn from community leaders, gain knowledge on the basics of philanthropy, invest real dollars to address youth and community related issues, engage in hands-on service learning, and elevate the youth voice in our region.
In the last three years, H.E.Y! committee members showcased leadership in the community through:
- Awarding over $30,000 in grant funding to local organizations to address immediate of youth
- Conducting over a dozen service-learning projects benefitting a wide range of nonprofits including Autism Society, Shriner’s Hospital, Community Shelter Services, Bethany Outreach Center, and many more
- Learning about and connecting with the nonprofits working to serve youth and families
- Applicants must be available to attend in-person meetings as scheduled.
- Members are required to be attending 6th - 12th grade in Erie County during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Members should be committed, dedicated, and interested in learning about the community.
- Applicants will be expected to embrace the benefits of working with a diverse group of peers and build relationship over the common goal of improving the lives of fellow youth.
If you have questions or would like more information about being a part of The Erie Community Foundation's Youth Philanthropy program, please contact:
- Mabel Howard, Youth Philanthropy Program Facilitator, at 814-572-0985
- Rachel Cacchione, Director of Community Impact at The Erie Community Foundation, at 814-454-0843