The work of The Erie Community Foundation, and in particular its grant programs, is made possible by generous donors who contribute to several types of funds.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for all in our region by evaluating and addressing community issues, building permanent charitable endowments and promoting philanthropic and community leadership.
Through our Vision and Strategies, we advance quality of life and shared prosperity today and for future generations (with a focus on Erie County).
- Increased partnerships and collaborations to develop new and existing businesses;
- A diverse economy with expanding opportunity and family-sustaining jobs;
- An educated and well-qualified workforce;
- Children arriving at school nourished, supported and eager to learn;
- Safe neighborhoods with increasing home ownership rates, populated by healthy and engaged citizens;
- Community members connected to Erie’s natural and cultural resources;
- A strong and vibrant nonprofit sector;
- A revitalized downtown with a dense and diverse residential population, that highlights Erie as a community of choice with great opportunities to live, work and play.
- Encourage collaborations and strong partners to address issues at scale;
- Further support the Erie Innovation District, Community College, Neighborhood Centers and the Erie Downtown Development Corporation;
- Empower and encourage the next generation;
- Narrow disparities and build a more inclusive community;
- Stimulate private investment and philanthropy;
- Share knowledge so others can succeed;
- Protect, enhance and promote Erie’s natural beauty and human diversity;
- Focus on systems change per Erie Vital Signs.