New Position Open at Foundation
November 30, 2018
The Erie Community Foundation seeks a Philanthropic Services Assistant to provide administrative and other support to the Philanthropic Services team within The Erie Community Foundation; particularly in the creation of donor-related and/or development-related communications, public relations, special events, and general assistance.
As Philanthropic Services Assistant of The Erie Community Foundation, you will work with donors and local nonprofits to make our community stronger. The essential functions of the
position include but are not limited to the following:
- Create, manage, post and send gift acknowledgment letters
- Manage new donor welcome and orientation process
- Execute event planning for department
- Confirm grant requests and follow through to completion (with Finance department)
- Confirm stock gifts and follow through to completion (with Finance Department)
- Conduct all aspects of FIMS organization and/or new contact management system
- Update profiles, contacts, Fund modules as necessary
- Update and organize affiliation codes
- Create and maintain necessary reports
- Assist in establishment of new endowment funds
- Preparation and timely maintenance of presentation information and packages
Maintain donor files, mailing lists and databases as required
Applicants should meet the following minimum requirements to apply for this full-time position:
Degree from accredited four-year institution preferred
Experience: Professional office experience required. Two years development or related experience helpful but not required. Nonprofit experience helpful but not required.
- Committed to a positive rapport with staff members and Board of Trustees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must present a professional image and maintain a positive work attitude.
- Self-starter who is able to work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and have the ability to learn new and/or specific computer programs, such as FIMS.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2018. No phone calls please.