Join The Erie Community Foundation!
October 31, 2019
The Volunteer Coordinator and Executive Assistant provides orientation, training, management and organization of Erie Women’s Fund volunteers so that asset, membership, education and community investment objectives are achieved or exceeded annually. The position also provides high level support and executive management to volunteers comprising the community foundation’s Board of Trustees and ECF President.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and coordinate volunteer activities and responsibilities related to The Erie Community Foundation’s Board of Trustees and The Erie Women’s Fund
- Orient volunteers so they are prepared for duties on Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, Erie Women’s Fund Steering Committee, and Erie Women’s Fund standing committees as needed
- Manage electronic and personal communication for all Erie Women’s Fund volunteer committees
- Manage executive calendar
- Plan and coordinate all staff lunches, including interface with Vice Presidents on in service training needs.
- Use software applications including but not limited to spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphic communications to assemble, manipulate and/or format data for various reports and communications
- Provide administrative support to ECF President including but not limited to scheduling, meeting minutes and preparation
- Other duties as requested
- Must have positive and professional rapport with all staff members and volunteers.
- Must exercise independent judgement in problem resolution
- Must prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with little or no supervision
- Must maintain positive rapport with donors, nonprofits and the community at large.
- Associates degree at minimum
- Professional office experience required
- Familiarity and competence with Microsoft Office® package (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) required
- Nonprofit experience helpful but not required
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Must present a professional image and maintain a positive work attitude.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and have the ability to learn new and/or specific computer programs, such as FIMS.
- Must be detail-oriented with good attention to accuracy.
- Must have excellent secretarial skills, including the ability to take minutes.
- Must have vision and hearing correctable to within normal range.
- Sedentary position exerting up to 10 pounds of force.
Number of employees directly supervised: 0
Number of employees indirectly supervised: 0
Benchmarked to 90% of Council on Foundations Donor Service/Development/Advancement Assistant
(Ref. 2018 Grantmaker Salary and Benefits Report)
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Erie Community Foundation reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.