For Professional Advisors
Professional advisors frequently recommend The Erie Community Foundation to their clients. In fact, since 1935, we have helped hundreds of local donors and their professional advisors find tax-friendly solutions while accomplishing personal philanthropic goals. As the largest grantmaker in northwestern Pennsylvania, we are familiar with the mission and needs of many local organizations, and can help connect your clients with the causes they care about most.
Benefits The Erie Community Foundation offers:
- Your clients receive a full tax deduction for their original and any subsequent gifts, which are invested in a tax-free environment and then used for charitable purposes.
- The grouping of assets under the administrative umbrella of a community foundation creates significant investment management economies of scale.
- There are no taxes due and no minimum payout requirements.
- The process for creating a named fund is simple and can be accomplished in a matter of minutes.
- All funds within The Erie Community Foundation are covered under a single, and simplified, 990 form and a single audit.
- Our assets are professionally managed, including investment products that may be unavailable to the individual donor. The end result is more money available to support favored charities.
If you have a client who is interested in estate planning and would like to reach certain philanthropic goals, please consider The Erie Community Foundation as a resource. For more information, please e-mail Mike Batchelor or Susannah Weis Frigon, or call (814) 453-0843.